About Berry Petroleum Company
Berry Petroleum Company is an independent energy company engaged in the production, development, acquisition, exploitation and exploration of crude oil and natural gas. Publicly traded since 1987, Berry’s primary operations are in three of the largest oil basins in the United States. Berry traces its roots to California where it began producing heavy oil from the San Joaquin basin in 1909.
In 2003, Berry added the Uinta basin in northeastern Utah, which has seen a resurgence of activity over the past year. Berry has also acquired significant oil assets in the Permian basin in West Texas. At December 31, 2011, the Company reported proved reserves of 275 million barrels of oil equivalent (BOE). Proved developed reserves for the fiscal year 2011 represent 53% of total proved reserves.
At year-end 2011, the Company’s proved reserve mix includes 186 million barrels of crude oil, condensate and natural gas liquids, and 534 billion cubic feet of natural gas, or 68% oil and 32% natural gas. Total production in 2011 averaged 35,687 BOE per day.
- Founded 1909 by Clarence J. Berry in California
- Traded on the NYSE as BRY
- Producer of oil and natural gas
- Operations in California, Texas, Colorado and Utah
- Significant California heavy crude oil experience
- Active California oil diatomite development
- Active Permian Basin oil development
- 317 Employees at fiscal year end (Dec 2011)
- Take me to some Frequently Asked Questions